|Size (L x W x H)||120 mm x 120 mm x 160 mm|
• Fast dry
• Available Grey Green Colour
NIPPON PAINT Zinc Phosphate Primer
NIPPON ZINC PHOSPHATE PRIMER FD is an alkyd-based rust inhibitive primer for priming on iron and steel. It is recommended for iron and steel surfaces under non-immersion condition
|Paint Type||Product Type||Finishing||Recommended Substrate||Pack Szie|
|Solvent based||Interior / Exterior||Low Gloss||Iron and Steel||1 Litre, 5 Litres, 20 Litres|
|Pegment||Anti rust and Extender|
Touch Dry : 15 minutes (Dependent on temperature and humidity)
Hard Dry : 4 hours (Dependent on temperature and humidity)
|Overcoating Time (25°C to 30°C)||Minimum 8 hours (Dependent on temperature and humidity)|
|Typical Thickness||35 - 40 µm per coat|
|No. of Coats||1 - 2 coats|
18.3 m2/litre (for dry film thickness of 30 microns)
12.2 m2/litre (for dry film thickness of 45 microns)
|Practical Coverage||11.0 m2/litre (for dry film thickness of 30 microns)|
|Volume Solid||55 ± 3% by volume|
|Shelf Life||2Up to 24 months in tight sealed container|
|Recommendation Coating System|
|Iron and Steel|
|Sealer / Primer||
Nippon Zinc Phosphate Primer FD : 1 Coat
|Top Coat||Nippon Zinc Phosphate Primer FD : 1 Coats|
|Thinner||Nippon General Purpose Thinner|
|Brush/ Roller||: If necessary, add about 5% thinner by volume.|
|Compressed Air Spray||If necessary, add about 10% to 15% thinner by volume.|
:Delivery pressure :140 – 170 kg/cm2
:Tip size :0.015” – 0.017”
:Spray angle : 60° - 70°
: Dilution : Up to 5% thinner by volume
|Cleaning Solvent||Nippon General Purpose Thinner. Clean up equipment with thinner immediately after use.|
|The surface to be painted shall be power tool cleaned to minimum SSPC-SP3 or St 3 ISO 8501- 1:2007, free from mill scale. It must be dry and free from dirt, grease, oil and other contaminants before application of the paint.|
|Environmental Conditions During Application|
• Do not apply when the relative humidity exceeds 85% or when the surface to be coated is less than 3°C above the dew point.
• Do not apply at temperature below 7℃. If not, drying and overcoating times will be considerably extended.
• During application of the paint, naked flame, welding operations and smoking should not be allowed and good ventilation is necessary.
• Keep container tightly closed and keep out of reach children or away from food and drink.
• Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. • During application of paint, naked flames, welding operation, and smoking should not be allowed. • When applying paint, it is advisable to wear eye protection.
• In case of contact with eye, rinse with plenty of water immediately and seek medical advice.
• Remove splashes from skin by using soap or water.
• Paint must always be stored in a cool place.
• When transporting paint, care must be taken. Always keep container in a secure upright position.
• Dispose off any paint waste in accordance with the appropriate Environment Quality Regulations.
* Theoretical Coverage is based on a mathematical formula
1 x Nippon Paint 1L Zinc Phosphate Primer Grey Green